October Beauty Favourites

As we are a few days into November now, I thought I'd have a little look back at what were my favourite products of the last month and give you guys a little insight into why I like them as much as I do. This was extremely hard to pick just a few, since I've used SO many great beauty products this month. But here are my absolute favourites:)


Johnson's Face Care Clear Skin Wipes - For Combination Skin

I could swear by these make-up wipes, they are utterly amazing. I have fairly oily skin, so I find it quite difficult to find make-up wipes that compliment and work with my skin well. I found these around a few months ago, and I've love them so much. The wipes do have quite a wet consistency so don't be alarmed about that, but I believe since using them my skin has gotten a million times better. They are a must have in my honest opinion. Obviously, you get make-up wipes to remove your make-up but its so nice when they do other little things to help your skin too. It does say on the packet that it removes oil and impurities for visibly clear skin, but usually you can't believe everything you read because they simply just don't do the job they promise. However, Johnson's wipes 100% do what they say on the packet. I just think if like me, you do have slightly oily skin then you should just try these out, they aren't expensive at all (I purchased these from a local drugstore called Boots) so it's not going to really break your purse even if you don't really agree with them. There are 25 wipes in these per packet, but it takes me a long time to use all of these up so you definitely get your money's worth. I have used the other versions that Johnson's have as well, but these ones are definitely by far the best and I can honestly say they have improved my skin so much.


Benefit - Rockateur
 

I got this a few weeks ago now after I had seen numerous bloggers talking about how good it was, so I knew I just had to see what all the fuss was about. And I've got to say, it really did live up to the hype in my opinion. When you first look at it, it has a real golden tone over the top of the actual blush colour, so I thought the colour would be a mix of the two, but once applied the pink is the colour the shines through. Once you have used the product a few times, the golden layer on the top does disappear and you are left with the pink underneath. This product applies really well and blends well to give a real nice natural looking glow to your cheeks. I've used blushers in the past which have made my cheeks way too pink that it looks like I'm permanently blushing (which isn't a good look!) but this one really gives just a natural tone that I really liked. For how small the actual product is, it looks like you'd use it up so quickly, but its safe to say I'm probably not even half way down there, which is great! This is quite pricey, but I do think it's really worth it so I would just say go for it!
 
 


Maybelline New York - FIT Me! Foundation in colour 'Buff Beige'
 
I've been using this foundation for a while now and I really like it. I've used the concealer version of this foundation and I just adored that, so when I saw they had a foundation too I knew I just had to have it. Its really nice and creamy when applied, so it makes my skin feel so smooth and soft afterwards. This colour is also so natural as well, it really blends so evenly with my actual skin tone too that I sometimes even forget I'm wearing any. This foundation always lasts my a whole day too, so I don't feel the need to ever think 'oh I need to do a top up!' because each time I look, my skin still looks even like it did when I first applied it. You can literally get this anywhere, since its only a drugstore brand but its by far one of the best ones I've ever used. I change my foundation quite regularly, but since using this one I think I'm going to stick with it for a while because you might as well when you find something you like and which suits your skin right?
 
 
 

 
Maybelline New York - Baby Lips Lip Balm 'Hydrate'

Now when I saw the hype for these, I really wasn't buying it to begin with. I literally just thought what's all the fuss about a lip balm? But I couldn't be any more wrong. This stuff, for a measly £2.99 each, is literally the best value lip balm I've ever used. There's such a big selection to chose from that you're bound to find the one that literally jumps out at you. I purchased this one and the cherry flavoured one, but I've got to say this one has won it for me. When I noticed that this was the only one without a distinctive smell/flavour I thought it would just be plain and to begin with, I did kind of regret not getting one of the other ones. But once I applied it, the lush smell of sweets hit me and I literally fell in love. Even though it isn't wrote on the label that this has a smell, it actually does and smells amazing. The best way I can describe it is like a bag of Random's or any sweets ever; its such a delicious smell that I can't help but lick my lips almost instantly after applying (I've calmed down with that now...) I know some of you are thinking 'but does it actually work?' and I can say whole heartily it does. It makes my lips feel so soft and really makes them feel smooth, which is great. And they do last pretty much all day, so that's a definite plus because it saves you having to keep topping it up all day. If you haven't already fell for the hype and tried these, I would highly recommend you do!





TRESemmé - Texture Style Hair Spray
(Not my own image due to the fact I recently ran out of this and forgot to keep the bottle!)

I have spoken about this one so much to my friends and family because I literally cannot get enough of it. Now, when people used to talk about texturizing hair sprays I could never quite understand what they do, but after using this you can really see the difference. After you've sprayed this, it gives your hair this natural tussled look which is amazing especially when my hair is straight and I want that extra bit of bounce and volume added to it. I got this from my local drugstore 'Boots' so it wasn't too pricey which was good. I literally swear by this stuff and honestly think everyone should just go out and buy this for themselves and see if they can see the results too. I do prefer using this over using just ordinary or special type of hairsprays due to the fact that this stuff actually does what it says on the bottle whereas sometimes with hairspray, I find that it makes no real difference or your hair just falls flat after a couple of hours, which isn't good if you're at work all day and can't re-do it. I just really think this is a must buy, and if you don't like it then I apologise *sorry* :)
 
 
These were just a few of my monthly favourites, so I hope you enjoyed reading about why I loved them so much and found it somewhat insightful.
 
Thanks for reading!
 
XX

Comments

  1. Hi lovely, I've nominated you for The Liebster Award, see my post for details

    http://hcozens.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts