April Favourites | Monthly Favourites

Hey everyone!
So I know I'm a little late, but here are my April favourites! I decided to do a mix of both makeup favourites, and add in some other random things that I've liked/enjoyed this month as well (TV shows, films, books etc.) So I hope you enjoy the post!:)
 
 
Bourjois Paris - Bronzing Powder
 

 
 
I have absolutely been LOVING this product at the moment. I usually don't use bronzer due to the fact almost everyone I have purchased, just looks ridiculous when I apply it. It's either too shimmery or just too dark for my skin tone, so I end up just looking like an idiot. But I had heard a lot of good things about this bronzer, and for the price, I thought I might as well give it a try.
I got this from a local shop called 'Boots' for only £6.99 and I can safely say that it was well worth it! It blends so well with my skin tone and just looks so natural, so I don't even feel the need to blend and blend it at all. It gives a really nice natural glow to your cheeks, which I really think made a difference for me. With the right contouring, this bronzer can really give good definition and for just the cheap price of £6.99 you honestly can't go wrong at all! I would highly recommend this product for anyone who like me, is just struggling to find a natural bronzer and doesn't really want to spend £20+ on a high-brand version.
 
 
Max Factor Colour Adapt Foundation - in shade 'Warm Almond'
 
 
I purchased this product around 4-5 weeks ago, and waited until now to write a little review on it as I wanted to actually use it for a while and see how I still feel about it after a longer amount of time. The brilliant thing about this foundation is that it's skin tone adapting, so as you're applying it, you can literally see it blend and mix with your natural skin tone to give you a much more even look. So unlike other foundations that might give you a complete unnatural colour, this one just blends with your skin tone already and just gives you some nice coverage. I really love this foundation at the moment and just can't stop using it; I just feel like I'm hardly wearing any as it just feels so light on my face.
 
I also got this from Boot's and it was £9.99, so it isn't highly priced at all and is WELL worth the money. It is fairly small though, so at first I thought it wasn't going to last me very long, but I can safely say that even after 4-5 weeks it still pumps out the foundation easily and doesn't feel like I'm near the end of it yet.
 
Real Techniques - Powder Brush and Blush Brush
 
 
 
I know I know that you must be thinking that I am SO late on the trend with these, but it literally too my forever to find these two brushes in my local shops, so in the end I had to just order them. But I am so so glad I finally did because these are definitely my favourite brushes at the moment.
I've been needing a new powder brush for so long, so when I saw people posting about this one and doing YouTube tutorials using it, I just knew I had to try it out for myself and see what all the fuss was about. The one thing I love about this brush is how soft and gentle the bristles are on it; as I brush the product over my face using this it just feels so soft and nice, I just find myself brushing it over my skin all the time. That's the one thing I hate about some other brushes, as soon as they touch your face it just feels like they're scratching you to pieces but this is just so soft and lovely. It applies my powder really evenly over my face, which is brilliant, and really gives a nice finish. I use this not only for my powder, but also my bronzer, because it just applies and contours really lovely as well in my opinion.
 
The blush brush, much like the powder, is amazingly soft as well so I was so happy when I started using it because it just feels so nice on your face. Because the brush it quite flimsy, I find it so easy to apply my blusher on my cheeks more naturally and just give me a less obvious pinkness to my cheeks. It just gives an amazing flawless finish to your makeup after using this brush.
I ordered these from 'Boot's' and the powder cost me £12.99 and the blush brush cost me £9.99, so they were both well worth the price!
 
 
Game of Thrones
 
 
For anyone who has been living under a rock for the past 3 years, Game of Thrones is set in the fictional land of Westeros where a number of noble families are all wanting to gain control of the Iron Throne which rules over the realm. It has a number of sub-plots to do with each of the families, giving you a deep insight into how many issues each family really has. The main families are The Lannisters, The Starks, The Targaryen's, and The Baratheon's, although along the way many others are introduced.
 
I don't want to spoil this at all for people who haven't seen it before, so I will keep it short and sweet. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this TV series at the moment; I'm literally glued to my seat everyone Monday night (I live in the UK so we get it a day later than America). It's so different from anything I've ever watched before, and I think that's what I love about it so much. The one thing about this series is they aren't afraid to just kill off your favourite characters, so I'm literally on edge worrying about my favourites (Daenerys and Tyrion). I would just highly recommend this, I just adore it and it's by far my favourite TV series that I am watching.
 
 
Divergent movie
 
 
So I watched this recently at the cinema and literally just loved it so much; as a huge fan of the books, I was quite anxious about watching this purely because some book to film adaptions haven't been great in the past, but this was just brilliant. I'm sure many of you know the plot of this but for those who don't, this is basically about a 16-year old girl (I think they made her slightly older in the movie though) named Tris Prior who lives in a post-apocalyptic Chicago in a society which is divided into five factions each dedicated to a particular virtue. There is Abnegation (the selfless), Candor (the honest), Amity (the peaceful), Dauntless (the brave) and Erudite (the intelligent). Every year all 16-year olds must decide which faction they want to join for the rest of their lives and devote themselves to it.
I was really impressed with how much from the book they actually put it, but obviously I know that they can't include everything so I had to just keep that in mind. I went with a group of friends who hadn't read the books before, and they all walked out absolutely loving it as well! It's kind of long (around 2hrs and 20mins) but I expected that due to the fact a lot happens in the book. I thought that the acting was really good and believable, and the casting didn't let me down at all. It's always a worry when you read the books and then wait for the cast to come out, because sometimes what you imagined the character to look like, isn't always what then appears in the movie, but I was pleasantly surprised.
 
I would really recommend people seeing this if you haven't already!
 
 
Hope you enjoyed this little favourites post and thanks for reading!
Paige
xo


Comments

Popular Posts