Chanel Perfection Lumière Foundation | Review



I have never purchased make-up from Chanel before, not because I don't think everything looks so beautiful (which it does), but because of the not-so-beautiful price tag that goes with them. I decided to bite the bullet, and go over to the Chanel counter in my local Debenhams and just have little nose, take a few swatches and probably not buy a thing.
I'm not really one for using high-end foundations, I usually only buy high street foundations that are easily purchased in places like Boots or Superdrug, so I was slightly hesitant before I even went over to the counter. But I am SO glad I did. The Chanel Perfection Lumière, simply put, is the best foundation I have ever used ever. It is a long-wear foundation, which for me who usually works a 6+ hour day, is a necessity. 
Unlike other foundations who say they are long-wear and after a couple of hours you feel like you can literally see it disappearing from your face, the Chanel Perfection Lumière actually does what it says on the box. When I check myself in the mirror after a long day, I'm still continuously impressed that my make-up is still completely intact. No blemishes, no smudging, no patches, nothing, it is all still perfectly in place.

Not only does the foundation last all day, it also has SPF 10 within it. Now this isn't exactly needed when you live in the UK, since we have about 2 weeks worth of sun, but I still like to use foundations that are actually protecting your skin at the same time. It makes you feel like you aren't completely ruining your skin.
The foundation applies very nicely and smooth, which makes it easy to blend and buffer into your skin. I purchased mine in the shade '30 Beige' and it matches perfectly with my skin tone, so I don't find myself having to check to see if there's a line under my chin and along my jaw line.


Overall I literally cannot fault this foundation in the slightest, and I have repurchased it twice since, so it has definitely become my favourite.
It does have a slightly expensive retail price of £36.00, but I think it is completely worth it. It applies easily and you can blend it as much as you want, adding more or just leaving it with a soft look, it's completely up to you.
I got mine
here from the Debenhams website.

What do you think about the foundation? Do you have a favourite one too that you'd love to share?

Comments

Popular Posts